Curbing corporate misbehaviour is a key policy goal but fixing the problem requires an understanding of what causes it. This column develops an innovative empirical approach that identifies unethical CEOs as an important cause of unethical corporation behaviour.
People evaluate a brand based on those attributes:
1. Customers’ positive satisfaction
2. Regional, international popularity
3. Market shares compared to the top performance competitors
4. Revenues, profits, workforce
5. Innovative and creative cycles
6. Employees’ happiness
7. Social responsibility
If those bad years occurred, their CEOs would become stories for public blames and critics.